1. Ooh what a question! I think a pick and black evening gown with a poofy skirt and a fitted stripey pink and black jacket! And a black mask with sequins for the mystery! And pale pink gloves with a hat emblem on the right one.
2. Well, English has gloriously bad texts, gender studies I’ve been there done that, my fellow anthropology students have me on edge all the time… so I guess that leaves history, which is incredibly hard but really interesting, and I really like my teacher. I’m doing a historiography course that’s actually intended for history majors, so you’ve got to wonder why on earth my English majoring self did it in first year. I guess I might do a double major with history, but I’m also considering doubling with anthro or gender so…?!?! Confused. I need to decide soon.
3. No no, my good man. In Australia, the rain is made of fire and the wind sucks away all your happiness. You’re thinking of Sweden. But here in Australia at least the streets are made of raspberries. Mm, raspberries.
4. Do you know, I’m not actually sure. I’ve never been sure. But I guess I don’t need any superpowers because I am, of course, half of a giant robot from the future. What do you think my superpower should be?
5. Heh. Thanks :D. I wanted to be an actress. When I was nine, I actually gave a speech at school about how I wanted to be an actress but everybody thought I ought to be a writer. Since then, I’ve been to drama school and figured out that I don’t want to act professionally (not that I’d likely build a career in the industry in any case!!) but I’d love to go back and work with local theatre groups at some stage. I’m also thinking of going back to drama school to get my teaching qualification so I can teach on the side. Now I’d love to be a writer, actually. I mean, I am a writer: I write stuff, and some of it I get paid for, which I guess makes me a writer. But I’d like to write fiction :).
challyzatb replied to your post: Question time! In your ask box, as it avoids dashboard clutter…
YOU KNOW, ROBOT SELF, WE THINK THAT YOUNG DORIAN IS MERELY FISHING FOR TOAST, WERE THAT A THING THAT IS POSSIBLE.
I AGREE FELLOW ROBOT SELF. AND I SAY HE WHO FISHETH FOR TOAST SHALL FIND THAT HIS HAND BURNETH AT THE HEAT OF THE TOASTER OVEN OF JUSTICE.
ALSO, HE WHO FISHETH FOR TOAST WILL NOT FIND TOAST BUT WILL GET HIS SOCKS WET. HE MAY, HOWEVER, FIND SALMON.
So I just noticed on today’s Daily Tennant where it says ‘Dude can pull off any item of clothing’? I totally didn’t mean it like that. Really.
This has been your public service announcement for the day.
I get really annoyed when people “correct” how people render their own names. If there are fullstops after initials, no need to take them out! If there are apostrophes, they belong there! If someone does not choose to capitalise their name, you aren’t rendering a service by capitalising the first letter! How is this hard to understand? Respecting someone’s name is pretty basic.
I don’t know if I’m just doing a bad job of coordinating the Down Under Feminists Carnival or people just do not care about supporting the community, but it’s usually two or three people per month submitting the bulk of the posts, and one of them is me. This would be so. much. easier. if we all pitched in. Why are people not submitting?!